You may now register for 2018 speciality rides! Please scroll down to learn more about train, sleigh and carriage ride registration.
Walk through the Celebration of Lights on December 10 and 11. Pre-purchase admission wristbands Nov. 12 - Dec. 7. Read more about the Holiday Stroll.
November 23 – December 30
Celebration of Lights is a holiday light display held at Fort Zumwalt Park. Each scene is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses. Started in 1991, the event attracts more than 10,000 vehicles each year and more than 10,000 individuals during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll.
Drive-through, no reservations needed:
- Sunday, Tuesday (except 12/11) through Thursday, 6 – 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 6–10 p.m.
- Mondays: Closed to vehicle traffic – Train, Wagon and Sleigh-hayrides by advance reservation only (see below)
Admission: $10 for cars; $15 for commercial vans and limousines; $1 per person on tour buses ($25 minimum)
- Tuesday Night Special - $7 for all non-commercial vehicles
- Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.
- Please note: Celebration of Lights is closed on Christmas Day, December 25.
See the lights from a horse-drawn surrey or wagonette, the City train or a sleigh hayride. These special rides tend to fill quickly! Reservations are required. See below for details.
Reservations are required. Please make reservations at least two weeks in advance, if available.
Mondays only! Time slots include 5:45, 6:15, 6:45, 7:15, 7:45 8:15 and 8:45 p.m. Reservations are required. To schedule your ride, call 636-379-5606.
- Admission: Adults – $10; children (ages 1–11) - $5; Under 1 – Free
Rides are approximately 20 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth.
Refund policy found in Parks & Rec Guide. No refunds or credits will be given less than 7 days before the start of the reserved ride. A service fee $5 or 10% (whichever is greater) will apply to refunds initiated by the customer.
- Admission: $100 for groups of 20 (including children seated on your lap)
Rides are approximately 25 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for warmth.
Refund policy can be found in the Parks & Rec Guide. No refunds or credits will be given less than 7 days before the start of the reserved ride. A service fee $5 or 10% (whichever is greater) will apply to refunds initiated by the customer.
Carriage Rides (Horse-drawn surrey & wagonette)
Tuesday through Sunday, except December 10, 11 and 25. Rides must be reserved in advance. Rides last approximately 30 minutes.
- 12-passenger carriage – $145
- 6-passenger carriage – $65
- Children age 4 and under ride free if seated on a paying adult’s lap.
- Call to ask about same-day community rides (subject to available space).
- There will be no wagon rides during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll on December 10 and 11, or Christmas Day, December 25.
Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth. Prices do not include gratuity for your driver. Contact Brookdale Farms at 636-938-1005.
Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll
Walk-through nights at Celebration of Lights
Avoid the lines! From November 12 – December 7, Holiday Stroll wristbands may be purchased in advance at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive, or the Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle. The discounted wristbands costs $3 per person (ages 3 and up) when purchased in advance. On the nights of the Holiday Stroll, the same wristbands cost $5 each.
Monday, December 10, and Tuesday, December 11, 6–8:30 p.m.
- Admission: $3 per person (in advance; Nov. 12 - Dec. 7); $5 per person on day of event; Ages 2 and under are free
- Parking with free shuttle service to the Holiday Stroll: First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway; O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Pedestrians are welcome to bring strollers, wagons, walkers and wheelchairs, but no pets or dogs (except service dogs), motorized hoverboards, kids’ scooters, bikes or skateboards will be allowed.
- Rides will not be available this night.
- Pre-purchase admission wristbands at Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive. The offices are open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. The Renaud Spirit Center is also selling wristbands in advance. View the RSC's hours of operation here.
- The event is held rain or shine!
Visitors may walk along the illuminated route and enjoy holiday music, visit with Santa, fireworks and booths filled with holiday crafts, gifts and festival food. Fireworks at 7:25 p.m.
Get Directions to Celebration of Lights
1000 Jessup Drive (Fort Zumwalt Park), O'Fallon, MO 63366