O'Fallon-based non-profit organizations: Celebration of Lights is a fantastic, fun and unique way to raise money for your organization. For information on how you can be a part of the 2020 event, please call Alyssa at 636-379-5502.
November 27 – December 30, 2020
Nightly, Fort Zumwalt Park
Celebration of Lights is a holiday light display held at Fort Zumwalt Park. Each scene is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses. Started in 1991, the event attracts more than 10,000 vehicles each year and more than 10,000 individuals during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll.
Drive-through, no reservations needed:
- Tuesday Night Special – $8 for all non-commercial vehicles
- Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.
- Pre-purchase drive-through admission at the Parks & Recreation Administraive Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive.
- Please note: Celebration of Lights is closed on Christmas Day, December 25.
See the lights from a horse-drawn carriage or the City train. These special rides tend to fill quickly! Reservations are required. See below for details.
Reservations are required. Please make reservations at least two weeks in advance, if available.
Mondays only! Time slots include 5:45, 6:15, 6:45, 7:15, 7:45 8:15 and 8:45 p.m. Reservations are required. To schedule your ride, call 636-379-5606.
- Admission: Adults – $10; children (ages 1–11) – $5; under 1 – Free
- For Train Rides, please enter Fort Zumwalt Park from the Plackemeier Drive entrance.
Rides are approximately 20 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth.
Refund policy found in Parks & Rec Guide. No refunds or credits will be given less than 7 days before the start of the reserved ride. A service fee $5 or 10% (whichever is greater) will apply to refunds initiated by the customer.
Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
Monday through Sunday, except December 7, 8 and 25. Rides must be reserved in advance. Rides last approximately 30 minutes.
- 12-passenger carriage – $145
- 6-passenger carriage – $65
- 15-passenger trolley – $15/person with a limit of 15 passengers; community rides unless you book all 15 slots. Only available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Children ages 2 and under ride free if seated on a paying adult’s lap.
- There will be no wagon rides during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll on December 7 and 8, or Christmas Day, December 25.
- For Carriage Rides, please enter Fort Zumwalt Park from the Plackemeier Drive entrance.
Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth. Prices do not include gratuity for your driver. Contact Brookdale Farms at 636-938-1005.
Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll
Walk-through nights at Celebration of Lights
Avoid the lines! From November 12 – December 4, 2020, Holiday Stroll wristbands may be purchased in advance at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive, or the Renaud Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle. The discounted wristbands costs $3 per person (ages 3 and up) when purchased in advance. On the nights of the Holiday Stroll, the same wristbands cost $5 each.
Monday, December 7, and Tuesday, December 8, 2020
6–8:30 p.m., Fort Zumwalt Park
- Admission: $3 per person in advance, November 11 – December 4; $5 per person on day of event (cash only); ages 2 and under are always free
- Parking with free shuttle service to the Holiday Stroll: First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway; O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Pedestrians are welcome to bring strollers, wagons, walkers and wheelchairs, but no pets or dogs (except service dogs), motorized hoverboards, kids’ scooters, bikes or skateboards will be allowed.
- Specialty rides will not be available this night.
- Pre-purchase admission wristbands at Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive. The offices are open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. The Renaud Center is also selling wristbands in advance. View the Renaud Center's hours of operation.
- The event is held rain or shine!
Visitors may walk along the illuminated route, enjoy holiday music, visit with Santa and watch a fireworks show. Holiday gifts and food will be on sale from O’Fallon-based non-profit organizations. Fireworks start at 7:25 p.m.
Plan a route to Celebration of Lights
1000 Jessup Lane, O'Fallon, MO 63366