The Public Assistance Department administers grants used to revitalize neighborhoods, expand affordable housing and economic opportunities, and/or improve community facilities and services, principally to benefit low-to-moderate income persons.
Emergency funding available for residents impacted by COVID-19
It goes without saying that 2020 was a challenging year for families across the country. As we continue into the new year, nearly every family in O’Fallon has been affected in some way by COVID-19, and we’d like to remind our community that resources are available to help.
Any resident who is behind on their mortgage, rent or utility bills can apply for assistance through our CDBG Emergency Homeless Assistance Program. Residents impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible for up to $6,000 in assistance to help catch up on bills and remain in their homes.
To get started, dial 2-1-1 to reach our assistance partners. Choose your language. Enter your zip code, and press 3. Leave a message, and a case manager will return your call within 72 hours.
- 2019 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 2020 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Comment Period Deadline for the 2020 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for FY 2020 (PDF)
- Public notice of Intent to Request a Release of Funds (PDF)
- Draft of 2020 CAPER for public review (PDF)
- Draft of the 2021 St. Louis Home Consortium Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice Executive Summary for the City of O'Fallon (PDF)
- CITY OF O’FALLON Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Pandemic & Emergency Response Amendment - Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
Presently available programs
- Project HOME – Each year, the City of O'Fallon hosts a charity golf tournament to raise funds for its various outreach programs. Find information on the program, golf tournament and its sponsors.
Contact Public Assistance staff
|Alexis Jaegers, Public Assistance Specialistemail@example.com||636-379-5411|