Criminal Investigation Section
The O’Fallon Criminal Investigation Section, or Detective Bureau as it is commonly known, is staffed by 18 commissioned personnel and one civilian employee. In addition to three supervisors, nine criminal investigators act as general assignment detectives when it comes to day-to-day investigations.
Several of the nine detectives also have sub-specialties such as fraud, identity theft and sex crimes.
The Bureau is responsible for conducting follow-up investigations initiated by the Patrol Section and maintaining a case load of self-initiated complaints.
When should I call the Criminal Investigation Section?
- When you have questions about the status of a case that is assigned to the Criminal Investigation Section.
- When you have new or additional information about a case assigned to the Criminal Investigation Section, which has already been reported to the Police Department.
- When you are looking for advice on matters which may be criminal in nature.
If you call the Criminal Investigation Section during regular business hours (Mon – Fri, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) your call will be directed to the appropriate detective or supervisor. If that person is not available, messages can be left on the detectives' voicemail for a return call when they are available. In emergencies or during situations that are in progress, please dial 9-1-1.
Criminal Investigation Section Personnel
|Det. Lt. Kevin Barron
|Det. Sgt. Brian Buchanan
|Det. Sgt. Russ McDermott
|Det. Holly Garza
|Det. Drake Nelsen
|Det. Wesley Lohmeyer
|Det. Joe Judge
|Det. Christian Reed
|Det. Kevin Mountain (SCCCCTF)
|636-949-7900 Ext. 2243
|Det. Matt Myers
|Det. Steve Schneider
|Det. Brian Wilcox
|CIS Clerk Ashley Knehans
|Evidence Specialist Liz Richardson
|Evidence Specialist Steve Whitworth
Other Bureau facts
Some Bureau members are also members of other outside agencies which assist in specific law enforcement duties, including:
- International Homicide Investigators Association
- Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis – serves the Missouri Counties of Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Louis, St. Charles and the City of St. Louis; along with the Illinois Counties of Madison, Monroe and St. Clair.
- Midwest Fraud Investigators Association
- Regional Computer Crimes Education and Enforcement Group – conducts forensic examinations of computers and related items
- St. Charles County Cyber Crime Division
- St. Charles County Bureau of Special Enforcement – tasked with fugitives, firearms, drug investigations and special operations throughout St. Charles County
- American Polygraph Association & American Association of Police Polygraphists
Submit a Tip to CrimeStoppers
Crime information may be reported anonymously to CrimeStoppers using one of the following methods:
- Call CrimeStoppers toll-free at 1-(866) 371-TIPS
- Submit a tip using CrimeStoppers' website form
- Download the "P3 Tips" app on your iOS or Android device, and a submit a tip electronically