The Siding Program assists low-to-moderate level income O'Fallon residents with siding repairs that they would not otherwise be able to afford. The program awards up to $10,000 in the form of a one-time grant to address siding issues.
Eligibility for the Siding Program
In order to be considered for the Siding Program, the following criteria must be met:
The applicant must:
- Be the fee simple owner and occupant of the single family dwelling to be improved
- Have no pending bankruptcies
- Have resided in the dwelling for at least one year prior to application
- Be a first-time participant in the program
- Not be a newly-legalized alien
- Be current on mortgage payments and real estate taxes
The house to be improved must:
- Be located within the City of O’Fallon and not in a floodplain
- And have no outstanding federal, state or city tax liens
- Be a single family, permanently-affixed structure
- Not be eligible for siding repair/replacement through neighborhood condominium and/or homeowners association
The household income:
To qualify as low-to-moderate income, the total gross income of all members of the household over the age of 18 must not exceed the set limits, which are established by HUD:
|Occupants in House||Total Gross Income|
Approved repairs or replacements necessary to maintain minimum housing code standards are eligible.
Examples may include:
- Repairs to damaged and/or older existing siding found on permanently-affixed single family homes.
- Installation of new siding on permanently-affixed single family homes.
- Removal of siding and installation of new siding on permanently-affixed single family homes, if required.
- Remodeling work, when its purpose is to update or aesthetically change the appearance of the area rather than replace a defective component.
- Brick, stone, masonry and/or other work beyond the scope of siding installation/repair.
- Masonry and concrete flatwork including tuck-pointing, chimney repair, foundation repair, retaining walls, sidewalks, driveways, etc.
- Correction or repair of insufficient exit ways.
- Repair or replacement of structurally defective concrete and wood porches, porch overhangs, steps and rails.
- Repair of seriously deteriorated exterior walls.
- Siding for mobile home
Interested residents may:
- Mail applications to
Attn: Public Assistance Office
City of O'Fallon
100 North Main Street
O'Fallon, MO 63366
- Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax applications to 636-379-5617
- Drop them in the utility billing drop-box near the East Entrance of City Hall
Contact Public Assistance staff
|Alexis Jaegers, Public Assistance Specialistemail@example.com||636-379-5411|