The O’Fallon Veterans Commission consists of eleven (11) citizen members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council and one member of the City Council selected by the Council. All members are residents of St. Charles County, and six (6) of the members have served in the armed forces of the United States. The City Council liaison to the Veterans Commission is Councilmember Rick Lucas.
The Veterans Commission advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator on matters concerning Veterans’ affairs, as well as the preservation and upkeep of the City’s war memorials, including the Veterans Memorial Walk.
The commission also oversees planning for ceremonies, holidays and events honoring veterans and interacts with local Veterans’ organizations.
Veterans Assistance Office
The O’Fallon Veterans Assistance Office / 131 Bomb Wing Retiree Activities Office (131BW RAO) is located in room 313 (on the third floor) of the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall).
Currently, the office is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., except holidays.
The Office is staffed with volunteers every day of the week who will be able to assist you with your questions. You may contact us by phone, email or stopping in. Missouri Veterans Commission Service Officer Dan “Mac” McFarland is now assigned to the St. Louis VA Regional Office. Call him at 314-253-4450 for an appointment. David Taylor and Katherine Flores, other Veteran Service Officers, are at the St. Charles County Administration Building, Suite 203, where they can be reached by calling 636-340-7900, ext. 7210.
The quarterly O’Fallon Update newsletter published by the City includes a column dedicated to Veterans and their families with current information that may help them.
Contact the Veterans Assistance Office/131BW RAO Office
Veterans' memorials in O’Fallon
- 9-11 Memorial: A Tribute to First Responders
- O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Omer J. Dames War Memorial
Available now in the Veterans Office
- Missouri Benefits and Resource Guide for Veterans and Military – This booklet includes a list of Veterans service organizations, Service office locations, a list of Missouri VA Vet Centers and much more.
- Paper Safe – This is a booklet of forms you can fill out for your loved ones. The information includes, medical information, estate information, marriage history, financial information, and more.
- American Legion Post #388; phone: 636-219-0553
- American Legion Department of Missouri
- American Legion National
- AMVETS Post 106; phone: 636-397-1660
- Camp Hope at Chris Neal Farm
- Disabled American Veterans
- DD Form 214 Information
- GI Bill Information
- Honor Flights
- Marine Corps League, St. Charles Co. Detachment 725; phone: 636-978-1376
- Missouri Veterans Commission
- National Park Service – Search for War Memorials.
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- Support Dogs, Inc.
- VFW Post 5077; phone: 636-272-1945
- VFW Department of Missouri
- VVA Chapter 458
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- VVA Missouri
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veterans Affairs – Home Loan Program
- Veterans Affairs – Health Administration, St. Charles Clinic – located in O'Fallon near Hwy K & I-64
- Veterans Health Library